Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Space Jams


I am not really a big fan of Jordans. I've maybe had 5 pairs in my entire lifetime. Each of those pairs were used for hooping; not casual wear. But as X-mas '10 approached, I had yet to think of something that I wanted until I had a long conversation with a good friend of mine. She is an avid sneakerhead and she was explaining to me the magnitude of December 23rd. I told her once again that I am not a big Jordan guy, but she insisted it did not matter because...."These are the Space Jams ma nigga."


After listening to her very convincing argument, and doing some independent research, I have decided that these are what I want for X-mas '10. The shoes are probably the most coveted Jordans ever made. Sneaker blogs have been talking about this release since late 2008. The release date has been moved several times, but it is now officially set for December 23rd.


For those who know nothing about the ever so desired Space Jams, here is a little background info:


The official name is the Air Jordan XI Retro (Black/Varsity Royal-White). The XIs were originally released in 1995. They were the first shoe that Jordan wore following his first retirement. The Bulls went an NBA record 72-10 that year, which helps contribute to the shoe's popularity.


The shoes received the "Space Jam" moniker after they were worn in the legendary 90s movie, Space Jam. When Jordan rocked the shoes in the movie as Bugs Bunny's right hand man, the jumpan logo was purple. When the shoes were released to the general public in late 2000 with a blue jumpman logo rather than purple, they were quickly soaked up by consumers. December 23rd will be the first release of the shoe since.


The Space Jams could previously be found on eBay for close to $1000. This proves the shoe's value. So in essence, by purchasing the shoe on Dec 23rd, you could be making a sound investment. So whether you are a sneakerhead who will rock these in the streets; or a collector who will keep these in the closet (like some friends I know lol); or just a random dude who wants to make a profit in a couple months/years...these shoes are a must have on Dec. 23rd. I'll be at my local store at 8 am on the 23rd...will you?


Oh yea...P.S.--LAWF just had a come up yall. The bulk order of the LAWF snap backs will be ordered soon (end of the month soon!). 120 hats will be available. They will be placed on the LAWF online store as soon as they are ordered. They will be on sale for $25. Just keep the eyes open...

2 comments:

  1. I've been hearing about these for a hot minute, and as my last pair of sneakers died in 9th grade high school I had no sense of the magnitude of this sneaker release. I get it now, and I figure that this is what my brother wants for Christmas as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should get them for him lol

    ReplyDelete